Watermelon, Blueberry, Jicama Salad – 4th of July
Simple fruit salad honor of the upcoming holiday! Crunchy and sweet ❤
Watermelon, Blueberry, and Jicama Salad
- 1/2 watermelon, cubed (3-4 cups)
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cubed
- 2 pints of blueberries
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Fresh mint, to taste
Mix all together in large bowl and enjoy!
- Low in calories and low on the glycemic index scale
- Excellent source of vitamin C
- Contains insoluble fiber (great prebiotic for friendly bacteria in the intestines)
- Texture of a radish, taste similar to an apple
- Best consumed raw in salads, salsa, slaw, or sliced into sticks for snacks
- Peeling jicama and slicing it can be a bit difficult at first, but worth the effort!
If you would like more tips on how to cut jicama check out this post.